Andre Lang advises clients on estate planning, contractual and family law matters, often involving complex investigation and litigation. From high net worth clients to low or pro bono work, Mr. Lang tailors the delivery of legal services to the client’s needs and desired outcomes.
Mr. Lang obtained undergraduate degrees in Humanities/Political Science and Criminal Justice from Seattle University. He earned a Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law in December of 2004 as a Diversity Award winner. He is a member of the Washington State, King County, Snohomish and Skagit County Bar Associations, as well as a 2015 Fellow within the Washington Leadership Institute (WLI).
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Lang served as a police officer for the City of Kent, Washington, and played professional basketball in Germany. During law school, he clerked for Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, where he worked on Plaintiff’s side Multi-District Litigation and Class Action matters.
He remains active as a mentor for At-Risk Youth, serves as a Vice-President of the Board of Directors for Redeeming Soles/No Kids Left on the Sideline, a non-Profit organization providing footwear to homeless persons and disadvantaged or impoverished youth within the Greater Puget Sound Area. Mr. Lang is also a Committee Member serving on the Practice of Law Board (POLB) for the Washington State Bar Association (WSBA).
Areas of Practice
- 75% Domestic Relations / Family Law
- 10% Estate Planning
- 5% Adoptions
- 5% Contracts
- 5% Trust & Estate Litigation
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Washington, 2005
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, WashingtonJ.D.
- Seattle University, Seattle, WashingtonB.A. cum laude – 1995
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Criminal Justice / Humanities
- Minor: Political Science
- Career Paths within an Uncertain Economy, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2009
- New Year. New Job. What to Consider and How to Conduct a Search, WDTL, 2008 – 2009
- Youth and The Law Forum First AME Church, Seattle, WA , 2010 – 2012
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Washington Leadership Institute, 2014 – 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Robert Half International, Legal Recruiting Manager, 2007 – 2009
- Seattle Children’s Hospital, Regulatory Attorney, 2005 – 2007
- Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Active Mentor and Committee Chair for Seattle University’s Men’s Basketball Program
- Board of Directors, Vice President, Redeeming Soles http://redeemingsoles.org/
- WSBA Practice of Law Board (POLB), Committee Member
- Tax Preparation
- Estate Planning
- Commercial Lease and Contract Negotiation