Everett Family Law Blog

What is contempt of court?

When a judge issues an order for you to pay child support, it becomes a formal legal matter. An order from a judge is binding. You must follow that order or face consequences. If you stop paying your child support or otherwise violate the support order, the court...

read more

Appealing a child custody order

Child custody matters are often filled with emotion. Each parent usually wants what is best for their children, but personal feelings also get in the way. When there is a battle for custody, the court has to make the decisions. That does not always result in the...

read more