Mr. Lang grew up in the Madrona Neighborhood in Seattle's Central District. He attended nearby St. Therese School and Bishop O'Dea High School, located in the heart of Downtown Seattle.
Mr. Lang obtained undergraduate degrees in Humanities/Political Science and Criminal Justice from Seattle University in 1995, earning athletic and academic scholarships. He earned a Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law in December of 2004 as a Diversity Award winner. He is a member of the Washington State, King County, Snohomish and Skagit County Bar Associations, as well as a 2015 Fellow within the Washington Leadership Institute (WLI).
Prior to attending law school, he served as a police officer for the City of Kent, Washington, and played professional basketball in Europe. He remains active as a mentor for At-Risk Youth, serves as a Committee or Board Member for various Non-Profit organizations, as well as serving on the Practice of Law Board (POLB) for the Washington State Bar Association.
During law school, he clerked for Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, where he worked on Multi-District Litigation and Class Action matters. After law school Mr. Lang worked as a Regulatory Attorney for Children's Hospital, Recruiting Manager for a Fortune 500 Company, as well as working within private practice on Matrimonial, Child Custody and Estate Planning matters.
- Domestic Relations / Family Law 75%
- Estate Planning 10%
- Adoptions 5%
- Contracts 5%
- Trust & Estate Litigation 5%
- Washington, 2005
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Diversity Award winner
- Seattle University, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. - 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Criminal Justice / Humanities
- Minor: Political Science
- Robert Half International, Legal Recruiting Manager, 2007 to 2009
- Seattle Children's Hospital, Regulatory Attorney, 2005 to 2007
- Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, Clerk
- Career Paths within an Uncertain Economy, Loren Miller Bar Association, 2009 to 2009
- New Year. New Job. What to Consider and How to Conduct a Search, WDTL, 2008 to 2009
- Youth and The Law Forum First AME Church, Seattle, WA , 2010 to 2012
Honors And Awards
- Fellow, Washington Leadership Institute
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member, 2005 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Skagit County Bar Association, Member
- Tax Preparation
- Estate Planning
- Commercial Lease and Contract Negotiation
- Idol Sports & Entertainment, Inc.
- KWEST Incorporated
Pro Bono Activities
- Active Mentor and Committee Chair for Seattle University's Men's Basketball Program
- Board of Directors, Vice President, Redeeming Soles
- WSBA Practice of Law Board (POLB), Committee Member
- John Hines, President - Idol Sports, Inc.
- Angela Vineyard, Trustee- KWEST Corp.